Distinguished Educators 2014-2015
Our mission is to recognize excellence in teaching and learning.
Excellence that extends beyond the classroom walls;
Excellence that makes a life changing impact for our students;
Excellence that builds our future . . . one student at a time.
-October 29, 2014
Monday, Dobie Long, counselor at Dallas High School was presented with the first Distinguished Educator Award for the 2014-15 school year.
Dobie was nominated by Kathy Cole, a parent of three students who graduated from DHS. She shared these comments about Ms. Long:
· Dobie is always willing to give me time and explain things to me no matter what else she has going on.
· She follows through with each request and always answers my questions.
· I fell like she truly wants all of the students to succeed and is always willing to give everyone her time.
· She treats everyone as though they are special.
Here is what other students had to say about Ms. Long:
· Dobie gave me the encouragement to follow my dreams
· She is kind and warm hearted
· Dobie is absolutely fantastic – she always follows through
· “The best person in the world”
· Not only does she do all her counseling work, she also plays music perfectly for our school plays
Please join us in congratulating Dobie. She is a very special person and a great asset to DHS and Dallas School District!
-November 17, 2014
Today, Jon Petersen, PE Teacher at Oakdale Heights Elementary School was presented with October’s Distinguished Educator Award.
His nominator was JoAnn Ekstrand a volunteer at the school and grandparent of two students who have Mr. Petersen as a PE teacher. She shared these comments about Mr. Petersen:
- He has the kids enthusiastically participate and demonstrates “fun in action”
- In spite of children rotating in and out every half hour, he is aware of the kids strengths and areas they are working on
- He focuses on learning to have fun playing games (even if you lose)
- He teaches the important rules of sportsmanship, empathy for one another, and the joy of being active
Here is what other students had to say about Mr. Petersen:
- He lets us play with some stuff
- He’s nice
- He lets us go around and play on other things
- He’s a great teacher
- He’s the best PE teacher
- He lets us play with the rope
Please join us in congratulating Jon!
-December 3, 2014
Today, Ann Ludwig, Educational Assistant at Oakdale Heights Elementary School was presented with November’s Distinguished Educator Award.
Her nominator was Courtney Wehner, Kindergarten teacher that Ann assists in the classroom.
She shared these comments about Mrs. Ludwig:
- I cannot think of anyone more deserving
- She truly loves the students
- She is caring, diligent, and very dedicated to her job
- She stays late to make sure we are prepped and ready for the following day
- She selflessly takes personal days to volunteer for the school’s jog-a-thon
- She was the creator of our school’s Harvest Festival and has volunteered every year since then to ensure the event is perfect for our students
- She is our school’s “go to” photographer and makes sure every student has their picture taken for the end of the year slideshow she puts together
- She creates posters of advertisement for our monthly movie nights as well as attends our Literacy and Math nights.
- She does ALL these things PLUS works in my classroom
Here is what the Kindergarten students had to say about Mrs. Ludwig:
- I love her
- She’s helpful
- She’s a great teacher
- She’s very nice
- I love her
- She plays with me
- She’s always smiling
Please join us in congratulating Ann!