Distinguished Educators 2014-2015
Our mission is to recognize excellence in teaching and learning.
Excellence that extends beyond the classroom walls;
Excellence that makes a life changing impact for our students;
Excellence that builds our future . . . one student at a time.
-October 29, 2014
Monday, Dobie Long, counselor at Dallas High School was presented with the first Distinguished Educator Award for the 2014-15 school year.
Dobie was nominated by Kathy Cole, a parent of three students who graduated from DHS. She shared these comments about Ms. Long:
· Dobie is always willing to give me time and explain things to me no matter what else she has going on.
· She follows through with each request and always answers my questions.
· I fell like she truly wants all of the students to succeed and is always willing to give everyone her time.
· She treats everyone as though they are special.
Here is what other students had to say about Ms. Long:
· Dobie gave me the encouragement to follow my dreams
· She is kind and warm hearted
· Dobie is absolutely fantastic – she always follows through
· “The best person in the world”
· Not only does she do all her counseling work, she also plays music perfectly for our school plays
Please join us in congratulating Dobie. She is a very special person and a great asset to DHS and Dallas School District!