Dallas School District #2
111 SW Ash, Dallas, OR 97338
|Assistant Superintendent||Dennis Engle|
|Director of Instructional Services||Cory Bradshaw|
|Director of Special Education||Autymn Galbraith|
|Director of Transportation||Steve Martinelli|
|Business Manager||Tami Montague|
Dallas School District
Dallas School District serves a large geographic area of nearly 250 square miles. The population of nearly 20,000 people is evenly divided between the City of Dallas and the unincorporated areas of the District.
The students enrolled in the school system represent nearly half of all students served by Polk County schools. A staff of 169 licensed and 152 classified people work in six schools and one administrative building. The District also sponsors Luckiamute Valley Charter School (formerly Pedee School and Bridgeport Elementary)
The School Board for Dallas School District No. 2 is composed of five members. Board meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of the month at the District Office, excluding Christmas break. Parents, students, staff, and patrons of the community are welcome to attend.
- The school is one of the major institutions through which our cultural, political and social heritage is transmitted from generation to generation and the means by which the members of our society are prepared intellectually to evaluate and control cultural, political and social changes.
- The primary purpose of Dallas School District is to provide opportunities for the full intellectual development of each child.
- The child has the responsibility to himself and society to purposely pursue the educational opportunities provided him.
- Dallas School District has a shared responsibility with parents and with other institutions and agencies for the social, physical, and emotional growth and development of the individual child.
- The school must assume a major responsibility for developing in children: a spirit of patriotism based on a deep and abiding love of our country; an understanding of the basic principles of American democracy; a commitment to participate as citizens in the decision making processes; and, an understanding of the duties, responsibilities and rights of every citizen.
- The school has a responsibility for developing in all children; an understanding of our economic system based on individual initiative, private property right and competition; a respect for the human dignity attained through productive work; a determination to become contributing persons within our economic system; and, an active concern for the conservation and wise use of our natural resources including the protection of our total environment.
- The school has a responsibility for developing in all children an awareness of the societal responsibilities to themselves, to other individuals and to the local community or to the larger community of state, nation, or world.
- It is an obligation to our children, community and country to institute those programs necessary to fulfill the educational needs of our children and to provide the facilities, materials, technology, and staff required to do so.
School District Mission Statement
Working together for All Students to Achieve High Levels of Learning