Message from the Superintendent
Welcome to Dallas School District and thank you for visiting our website. At Dallas School District we are committed to high levels of learning for each and every student in our district.
Dallas School District, located in Dallas, Oregon in the mid-Willamette Valley serves over 3200 students in kindergarten through grade 12. The following schools are a part of Dallas School District:
Oakdale Elementary School - K-3
Lyle Elementary School – Grades K-3
Whitworth Elementary School – Grades 4-5
LaCreole Middle School – Grades 6-8
Dallas High School – Grades 9-12
Morrison Alternative School – Grades 11-12
Luckiamute Valley Charter School – Grades K-8
Several years ago, we began a journey of improvement in our school district that started with teachers working in collaborative teams through a Professional Learning Communities process. The result has been defining clear standards, common assessments between teachers, changes to grading and assessment to ensure all students are learning the essential content and interventions for those who do not learn essential skills the first time. Our goal is to provide the instruction for all students to reach high levels of learning.
Dallas High School has close to 1100 students and provides a variety of programs to meet the needs of our students. Students at Dallas High School compete at the 5A level in activities and athletics and are part of the Mid-Willamette Conference. We are especially proud of the partnership between Dallas High School and Chemeketa Community College. Through this partnership, eligible students can take their first year at Chemeketa Community College tuition free through our Extended Campus Program.
At Dallas School District we know that part of educating youth means to work in partnership with our community. We work cooperatively with Polk County and the City of Dallas to provide for the social, academic, and health and safety needs of our students. In addition, we strongly value the work of our volunteers and they are always welcome in our schools!
We are especially proud of:
- Our high quality and innovative teaching staff that puts students first!
- A leadership team at each school committed to improving student learning and the success of each student.
- A positive, collaborative working relationship that exists between our staff, our school board, and our administrative team.
- A school board that is active in our community and committed to achievement for all students.
- Strong partnerships with the City of Dallas and Polk County in providing services for the health and safety of our students.
- Our exceptional volunteers that work tirelessly in our schools.
We are proud to serve a community that supports education and our youth!