Transfer applications for the 2021-2022 school year can be submitted beginning March 1, 2021.
See below for details.
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR TRANSFER PROCESS - into Dallas School District
1. By March 15, the Dallas School Board shall establish the maximum number of nonresident students, if any, that will be given admission for 2021-22 school year under this process. Applications must be submitted to the district office in person, by regular mail or email for consideration.
2. To transfer into Dallas School District, the process begins with your resident school district and completion of the appropriate transfer request from that district. The authorized representative of your school district must first sign the transfer application form before being submitted to Dallas School District. Please contact your resident school district office to access their “transfer out” application.
3. Applications will be considered and processed on a space available basis only. The district shall provide written notification of admission of a nonresident student. No nonresident transfer request applications will be considered or processed after December 15, 2021 for the 2021-22 school year.
4. A parent or guardian interested in transferring their student out of Dallas School District are to initiate the process by visiting the district office reception window, 111 SW Ash St. Dallas. If you would like to fill out your form prior to visit, click here.
You are required to provide your drivers license or other proof of resident address.
5. Information about the virtual Charter School transfer process can be found here https://policy.osba.org/dallas/KL/LBE%20D1.PDF
Please review the District’s policy regarding admittance of nonresident students carefully -- http://policy.osba.org/dallas/J/JECB%20D1.PDF